Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I watched Battlestar Galactica the miniseries this weekend, and it was great. I watched it all in one sitting on Saturday afternoon, and I was really impressed. I can’t imagine that I’ll have anything academically interesting to say about it, so for now I’m turning off the critic switch and just enjoying it. It’s such great entertainment--the combination of drama/soap and action and FX is just great. Plus, it’s way sexier than I imagined. I expected some man/robot love, but I didn’t expect it to be so hot! I love all the characters...nuanced, compelling, and interesting dynamics between them. So, needless to say, the rest of series 1 is in my Netflix queue, my DVR is set to record all episodes, and I think I’ll make 1 and 2 in by the time I’ve got all of them to watch. Maybe they’ll do a parody episode I can write about...

No comments: