Thursday, August 07, 2008

Extra Credit Blog

http://perezhilton.com/
A website I visit regularly is perezhilton.com. It is a celebrity gossip website. I read it purely for entertainment purposes. I get the juicy gossip on celebrities, which I have to admit is a guilty pleasure of mine. I think its hilarious. It really doesn't serve any other purpose. The site is interactive. It offers users an opportunity to comment on the stories and read what other users have to say. You can also email your favorite stories to your friends. It definitely provides material for users to gossip with each other about, which is a social networking component. It is a prime example of new media. Although, there are telveision shows providing the same stories, there is a level of interactivity on the website that is impossible to get from tv.

Catherine King, replace blog grade

No comments: