Monday, August 04, 2008

Wednesday Night Programming

Block Programming
1. Criminal Minds & CSI:NY because they are similar shows being shown on ABC one after another.
2. Wife Swap & Supernanny because they appeal to a certain demographic audience.

Counter Programming
1. Supernanny & Criminal Minds because they are both being shown at the same time on different stations.
2. Criminal Minds & The Pussycat Dolls because they are different types of shows on different stations.

Similarities
Between 8:00 and 9:30 ABC is showing Wife Swap and Supernanny, both of which target women and families. The network seems to focus on the inner structure of the family, wife, dog, and baby for the types of programming they are choosing to show.

Top-Rated Shows
For the Weekly TV Ratings, America's got Talent comes in first, So You Think You Can Dance comes in fifth and Criminal Minds comes in seventh place. Fox is airing So You Think You Can Dance at 8:00 and NBC is airing America's Got Talent at the same time. America's Next Top Model is also being shown on the CW at 8:00 as well. They are all using reality competiton shows to compete with each other.

Taren
Daphne
Kevin

3 comments:

leanne meador said...

It seems that Wednesday night is a very successful night for television programs. It seems that people gear toward watching more television in the middle of the week, therefore producers are going to air the popular shows so that they can attract more viewers. It also seems that the talent shows are capturing the hearts of viewers all over the world and millions of people want to see who will be the next big thing. I think that these talent shows will only grow in the future because there are so many people out there who want to get discovered and America is willing to watch and see if they will be successful. Talent shows have seemed to blow the average sitcom out of the water as well as all of the viewers worldwide!

cking said...

This is my personal favorite night of TV. I like Thrusdays as weel, but there is too many shows on at the same time that I like to watch, and I always miss out in something. On Wednesday night, there is only one show I watch, So You Think You Can Dance, and its 2 hours long, so I don't have to find something else to watch when its over. I don;t have to make any decisions.

Taren Nicole said...

This night was my favorite night of tv. It has a bunch of shows that I am interested in, for example America's Next Top Model and So you think you can dance. There are a lot of shows this night that target people in my age group and even the other shows aired on this night get my attention. The other nights are pretty good with the exception of Sat., but Wednesday is just jam packed with shows I like! It's a lot of reality TV, which I love. I think I watch more reality TV than anything else. Whether that's good or bad is up in the air, but it's the truth.